Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Walking the Greens


Golf is an age old game that continues to affect the lives of each generation. Golf provides many benefits for improving one's quality of life. The game challenges you physically and mentally, but the true gift of the game is the mental clarity found in walking the greens. Learn how a little walking can bring joy back to your game.
If I think about my greatest days spent on a golf course, the most memorable are always when I've played on foot. Nearly every round as a kid was enjoyed walking and now as I get older, I've re-embraced the notion that a "rolling stone" gathers no moss. This, of course, wasn't always the case. Somewhere between then and now, I became either tired or lazy. It was too easy to drive my car to the course, only to throw my clubs onto a tinier car, which was then often restricted to the cart path. If someone in my group suggested walking, my excuse was always that my large Staff Bag would be unreasonable to carry. It's safe to say I went the better part of a decade riding out of what I thought was convenience. In reality, all I was doing was robbing myself of the gift of playing the game the way it was meant to be played. To really soak all you can out of anything, you've got to be present. Nothing allows you to slow down and take notice on a golf course better than walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment